Posted December 17th, 2012 by Coast Music Therapy
Expand your use of music in the preschool and elementary school setting with our “It’s a Snap” San Diego special education music workshop.
Are you a special education provider looking to add some new strategies to your classroom music tool kit? This workshop targets simple and effective ways to enhance preschool and early elementary school programming through music.
Contact us today to schedule this special education music workshop for your San Diego county school or district.
What workshop attendees are saying about ‘It’s a Snap’
- Very enthusiastic and professional individuals! Thank you, it was very helpful and engaging, and makes me want to implement the strategies!
- One of the best I attended so far ! I have many ideas, things to order and implement in my class. Also some problem solving tecniques!
- This was really great – I got so many ideas I feel I can apply and use tomorrow in my classroom! Thank you!
Who should attend?
Special education teachers, speech therapists, and other related support staff for pre-K and early elementary-aged students in San Diego county.
Music Strategies Every Special Educator Should Know
Looking for ways to ‘jazz’ up your music activities in the classroom? This interactive workshop will help you become a savvier songstress or songster. You’ll come away with fresh ideas to engage young learners at any functioning level. No musical experience is required!
Highlights of this workshop will include:
- The latest research in the area of music and special education
- Using music as a cuing method for IEP goals
- Music and technology applications
- Music activities for inclusion settings
- New and novel instruments
- Combining music with the visual arts
- Spicing up early literacy with music, movement, and sound effects
- Using ‘Musical Momentum’ to encourage speech for students with limited verbal skills
- Adaptations for students with orthopedic and vision impairments
Learn more about Coast Music Therapy professional development opportunities in San Diego at our In-Schools special education page.