Posted September 26th, 2016 by Coast Music Therapy
NEW for Fall/Winter 2016! Year-round music therapy job now available. Coast Music Therapy is welcoming dynamite applicants for a 12-month salaried position providing IEP-based services. Join our close-knit, inspired team of Board Certified Music Therapists in sunny San Diego starting between September and December 2016. Enjoy 37 paid days off, signing bonus, and the ultimate benefits package. Download our job flier here to share or post.
Full TEAM Ahead!
Job Title: IEP-Based Music Therapist for Grades PreK-12
Start Date: This 12-month full time salaried position begins between September and December 2016.
Description: Be a valued, integral part of the educational team and enjoy weekly time to connect with our creative crew of music therapists. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse spectrum of disabilities in grades PreK – 12 in San Diego schools.
Hone your professional skills through individual and group sessions, co-treatment with school staff, IEP meeting attendance, and progress monitoring. All of your documentation, meeting, and travel time is included within your work hours. Our therapists serve a variety of school sites Monday through Friday, primarily in the San Diego Unified School District and use our fully equipped office as a home base.
Over $10,000 in available benefits:
- $1000 signing bonus
- 37 DAYS OF PAID DAYS OFF
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Mileage Stipend
- Retirement fund match
- Continuing ed stipend
- CBMT dues
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- AAA roadside assistance
Wait there’s more! You’ll have access to:
- Recording studio
- Full color copier
- Hundreds of songs with visual supports from our Tuned in to Learning curriculum
- State of the art office facility
Do the below describe you to a tee? If yes, get in touch with us ASAP.
- Passionate about helping students with autism and other special needs reach their potential.
- The Three E’s: Enthusiastic, Engaging, and Energizing!
- Outstanding organizational skills and impeccable follow-through.
- SUPERpowers on voice and guitar.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Music Therapy, MT-BC status (or taking exam within 3 months), reliable transportation, and must pass TB testing and a background check if hired (paid for by Coast Music Therapy).
Bonus Points if You Have…
- Neurologic Music Therapy certification
- Training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Experience with the IEP process
- Working knowledge of special education and autism methods
- Savvy tech skills
Please email resume and introduction to:
Talia Morales, MA, MT-BC, Supervisor