Posted October 15th, 2013 by Coast Music Therapy
Selected music therapy songs from our Tuned in to Learning® curriculum are now available for purchase on iTunes! Each of our tunes was developed with the needs of learners with autism and other disabilities in mind.
Using the convenience of iTunes you can now download the following songs for use at home, school, or your therapy clinic. Many of our students have their music therapy songs uploaded onto their iPads and iPods for easy access. You can also find the lyrics to each song in The Tuned in to Learning® online store.
These inventive songs were written and recorded by the Coast Music Therapy staff of Board Certified Music Therapists in addition to Director, Michelle Lazar, MA, MT-BC, Autism Specialist and Jeremy Jensen, PsyD, MM, MT-BC, Psychologist. Each song targets a common IEP goal area and gives students a change to actively practice each skill through role play, movement, or answering questions.
Here is a sample of which Tuned in to Learning® songs you can purchase directly from iTunes:
- Monkey See, Monkey Do [speech imitation]
- Playin’ in My Band [following directions, motor coordination, stop and go]
- Sorting Alphabetically [alphabetizing, sequencing]
- Hands Down [behavior, keeping hands to self]
- Hot Air Balloon [breathing, relaxation]
- Rewind [behavior, social skills]
- Five Little Monkeys [counting, emerging speech]
- Conversation Vacation [social conversation]
- Personal Info [phone number, address, age, birthday]
- Leader or Follower [learning when to lead and when to follow]
- Safety Plan [community skills, what to do when you get lost]
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes [body parts, sequencing]
- Shower Power [steps to taking a shower]
- Action Hero [communication, problem solving]
- Tall Trees [breathing, relaxation]
- The Look on My Face [basic emotions]